Between the wars

There is no record of the club after the First Word war until November 1919. The balance sheet shows reduced RCCC dues having being paid for the rest of the war out of the balance from the 1915-1916 season.

There was to be no Grand Match at Carsbreck 1919-20 due to lack of railway facilities. The Grand Match would normally have special trains running which presumably conflicted with the post war situation.

The first game seems to have been a game against Holytown in the Linlithgow Trophy played at Edinburgh Ice Rink (Haymarket) on 12th February 1920, Bellshill winning by 22 shots to 11. The norm seems to have been to enter for the competitions at Haymarket.

The club secretary L.B. White played in the international match against England at the Manchester Ice Palace in January 1922 in which Scotland won by 307 shots to 294.

In 1925 monthly bounce games a Haymerket were initiated on Wednesday afternoons (usually 1 pm to 4 pm) and 5 were played season.

The club grew at this time until a strength of five playing rinks was reached in 1926-1927.

In 1928-1929 The club entered two rinks for the Grand Match at Carsbreck. The event did take place but unfortunately one opposing rink withdrew before the competition and the other did not turn up so neither Bellshill rink actually played.

This season also saw the opening of the new Crossmyloof Ice Rink in January 1929. This was used for the rest of the season and was found to be much more convenient than travelling to Edinburgh. For the next season the club sought to have Wednesday evening ice available every week (4:15 pm to 7:15 pm).

A few years later curling was down to about 7-9 Wednesday games per season with some difficulty in filling rinks, games then settled back into being monthly from October to April. The club also withdrew from entering all external competitions around this time. Apart from the monthly bounce games there was the competition at the end of the season for the Presidentís and Vice-Presidentís prizes.

Crossmyloof was getting very busy and one year only four games were allocated by the ice rink but after protest the monthly games were restored. The ice rink was extended in 1938 which would be limited help until after the Second World War.